Thursday, April 5, 2018

Reading Notes: Krishna- Sister Nivedita, Part B

I went ahead and finished the second part of the reading today. I looked for differences between the two versions of Krishna's adventures. I took notes over what I noticed and liked the most.


  • The second portion of the reading contains different stories 
  • I recognized a lot of what the stories were about from previous reading
  • It talks of the Pandavas and other adventures
  • It goes into depth about Duryodhana
  • Krishna and the Pandava heroes and Krishna team together
  • They end up being victorious in the struggle
  • The battle for the kingdom was hard fought
  • There was not an heir to rule the kingdom
  • The throne was now under their control
  • However, their homes were no longer occupied
  • I think these events were definitely worth reading about
  • I found it interesting that the two versions contained different stories
  • I thought they would mirror each other in summary
  • The first part of the reading remained fairly similair
  • It was a bit different as I expected to see the same stories
  • I did find that this version contains more detail and visual description
  • It does a better job describing the emotions of the characters
  • Overall, I have some good options for storytelling this week


(A photo of a stack of old books. Source: Flickr)


Bibliography: Cradle Tales of Hinduism, Krishna, by Sister Nivedita. Source: Blogspot.

No comments:

Post a Comment