Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Reading Notes: Ramayana, Part C

For this week, I continued with the reading of the Ramayana. I have really enjoyed these stories, and I wanted to continue with more reading for this week. I think Rama is by far the coolest hero I have read about in this class. I took notes over what I liked.


  • It still amazes me how understanding Rama is of the situation
  • He shows great wisdom and grace as he tells the people of his kingdom to not worry
  • He also maintains strong support for his brother in his place
  • It is hard to understand why he is so kind
  • He was banished from his kingdom for no reason
  • The mind of his step mother/aunt was posioned
  • It seems he knew of this the whole time
  • He does not falter even when his father is grief stricken
  • Laksman is a brother that everyone wishes they had
  • He is so loyal and caring for his brother Rama
  • He ventures into exile with him
  • He constantly stays awake to ensure his safety
  • The people also did not falter and could not be convinced to leave Rama
  • The people so no meaning to their life as their dear Rama had left them
  • They did not understand why he had to live out his exile in the forest
  • Many people suggested death as they saw no purpose without Rama
  • That just shows how much the people adored him as their leader
  • The author manages to capture the emotions of the moment very well
  • The people and Laksman are angered by the situation
  • I really appreciate how well the emotions of the story are portrayed
  • This is something that I wish to do in my writing


(A library containing shelves of books. Source: Pixabay)

Bibliography: Ramayana: India's Immortal Tale of Adventure, Love, and Wisdom by Krishna Dharma. Source: Vedabase.

No comments:

Post a Comment