Monday, April 30, 2018

Reading Notes: Ramayana, Part G

I went ahead and did another reading section. This time I did this as a bonus reading. I took notes over the story that I liked.


  • The appearance of the sun god was really cool
  • I like how this takes place in a dream state
  • The conversation that takes place is of note
  • He warns of the coming events and engages in a respectful dialogue
  • The importance of the earrings and armor cannot be overstated
  • These were the lifeblood that would keep him alive on the battlefield
  • The focus on fame is important
  • This is viewed as more important than life
  • However, Surya emphasizes how this is a foolish way of thinking
  • I would like to emphasize how important this exchange is
  • I think the dialogue in these stories are truly incredible
  • They highlight and foreshadow so many different events
  • I would like to be able to apply this to my own wrting
  • It is very powerful and engages the reader
  • It also adds depth to the characters and the story
  • It helps develop the characters very well
  • It also highlights the true nature of each character

(A photo of a library. Source: Flickr)




Bibliography: Ramayana: India's Immortal Tale of Adventure, Love, and Wisdom by Krishna Dharma. Source: Vedabase.

No comments:

Post a Comment