Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Reading Notes: Krishna, Part A

I decided to do the one week reading over Krishna. I was really drawn into the reading because I wanted to check out his origins and the heroic feats that he accomplished. I took notes over the couple chapters that I liked the best. 

  • The origin on Krishna comes from Vishnu
  • He was the black strand of hair that was born into the world as a baby boy
  • I think the whole idea of sending a son to earth to rid the demon lord Kansa
  • I really like the way that Kansa is somewhat taunted throughout all of this
  • He rids the land of baby boys after he learns that Krishna has escaped his grasp
  • It is terrifying to know that he would go to such extreme lengths to destroy the one that was promised to the people
  • I found the whole eighth child thing to be a very interesting detail
  • I like how Krishna was able to swap out his place in the cell
  • The baby girl contained Vishnu's divine vigor and was able to slip through Kansa's grasp
  • She continued to taunt him as she ascended into the heavens next to Vishnu
  • The upbringing of Krishna was also really cool to read
  • Even as a child Krishna managed to do incredible things
  • He was able to suck the life from the demon Putana
  • She had gone across the country poisoning all baby boys under the guise of a beautiful woman
  • I found it interesting that she too was saved as she had nursed baby Krishna even with bad intentions
  • Trinavarta was also sent to kill Krishna but would not succeeed
  • I was amazed at how such a child could defeat two very powerful demons with ease
  • The mischievous side of Krishna was also fun to read about
  • I would possibly like to highlight that in my storytelling
I really liked the first part of the reading for this week. I will continue to think about my storytelling options moving forward. I think I have a good foundation of where to start.

(Reading a book from Pixabay)


Bibliography: Shri Krishna of Dwarka and Other Stories, by C. A. Kincaid. Source: Blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment