Thursday, March 1, 2018

Reading Notes: Mahabharata, Part D

I finished up the reading for the fourth part today. I continued to enjoy these stories and the uniqueness that they have to offer. I took notes over the sections that I liked the most. I tend to gravitate towards stories that involve battle, so that is what I did.


  • The attack on the Pandavans was very surprising to see
  • Ashwatthaman bravely marched forward to the camp
  • He was unfazed and determined to reach his goal
  • This made me think of Rama's ambush
  • The circumstances are obviously different
  • This attack in the night was vicious and driven by hate
  • I did not expect to see such an act take place
  • I think the fact that he attacked the camp at night says a lot about his state of mind
  • I think it is very cowardly to go after someone while they sleep
  • There are a lot of other ways Ashwatthaman could have attacked
  • Attacking someone while they sleep is definitely the most cowardly way
  • The interaction with Shiva was also interesting
  • I think there are a lot of cool things I could write about from this ambush
  • The actual violent scenes are not included in the writing
  • It would be fun to go into a scene like that
  • I could possibly change the events that take place
I think it would be really fun to write about the night raid ambush. I am thinking about changing how the events take place. It might be interesting to change the outcome of the night raid.


(A photo of a book and glasses. Source: Pixabay)


Bibliography: Public Domain Edition Mahabharata, from Indian Myth and Legend by Donald A. Mackenzie. Source: PDE

No comments:

Post a Comment