Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Reading Notes: Krishna, Part B

I went ahead and finished the second half of the reading for today. I really enjoyed the stories associated with Krishna. I found that the stories of his origins and adventures were the most entertaining. I plan on writing about Krishna in my storytelling this week. I took notes over what I liked the most from the chapters. 

  • The battles with the demons are the most interesting to read
  • The descriptions of the demon Naraka is very powerful
  • It sets the tone for the chapter and highlights his strength
  • I would like to emulate that form of writing
  • I think it would help setup my stories a lot better if I used that much descriptive detail
  • Krishna easily dismantles the fortifications of the demons
  • I like how the story emphasizes how skilled and powerful Krishna is
  • He then easily defeats the five headed demon hiding in the moat
  • Krishna then proceeds to easily defeat the almighty Naraka
  • He is very generous and frees the thousands of people being held captive
  • He also gives away the wealth acquired from his victory
  • The thousand arms of Bana were a cool feature
  • I like how he was so devoted to what he believed
  • This made him come across as a very fierce and tough demon
  • His arrogance and overconfidence would prove to be his undoing
  • This seems to be a common theme in a lot of these stories
  • It was interesting to see Krishna show mercy on the demon king
  • Bana repented for his wrong doings as soon as he realized how foolish he was
  • This was definitely something that I did not expect to happen

(A kid reading a book. Source: Wikimedia Commons)

Bibliography: Shri Krishna of Dwarka and Other Stories, by C. A. Kincaid. Source: Blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment