Thursday, March 15, 2018

Reading Notes: Mahabharata, Part B

I continued with the reading for the second half of the week. I think it has been great so far. I really enjoy re-reading some of these stories. I think there are a lot of things that are missed when you read something the first time.


  • I really enjoyed reading about the battle scenes again
  • The Great Battle is going to be a lot of fun to retell
  • The Kaurava vs. Pandava clash contains a lot of opportunities for me to write about
  • I think the most interesting part of this chapter is Prince Arjuna's decision
  • I was surprised to see such a cheap trick used in honorable battle
  • Shikhandi played a very interesting and impactful role here
  • I did not expect there to exist such a person in the army
  • I also did not expect a hero to deceive his enemy like so
  • Prince Bhishma was done in by his desire to not kill a woman
  • I thought that was the end of the prince in that moment
  • The bed of arrows also added a really cool effect to the story
  • It emphasized just how dire and extreme the situation was
  • I would like to explore what Bhishma was going through during this whole experience
  • This is not detailed in the story at all
  • I think it would be cool to make up my own story for what Bhishma is experiencing
  • I could also explore the rest of the battle
  • I will continue to ponder about my writing options for tomorrow



(A photo of books in the library. Source: Flickr)

Bibliography: The Indian Heroes: Mahabharata by C. A. Kincaid. Source: Blogspot.

No comments:

Post a Comment