Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Week 8 Reading and Writing


I think that the reading assignments have been going very well for me over the course of this semester. I had a lot of practice with this last semester, so I already had a system in place that I knew worked for me. The same goes for the writing. My favorite reading so far has definitely been the Ramayana. There were so many cool stories to read and write about. I really enjoy reading about battle scenes, and I try to focus my writing on things like this. My reading notes have helped me  quite a bit. I am able to write down some key things that I like about the story. When I revisit the notes I just put them into writing. I have not done any new strategies this year. I think the system I have now works great. I am also very happy with my project. I think the portfolio option is really great for me. It allows me to add my favorite stories. My biggest accomplishment so far is probably my portfolio stories. They are refined versions of what I write about during the week.

(This is a photo of Rama fighting the demon Ravana. Source: Wikimedia Commons)

This is one of my favorite photos because it accompanies my story where Rama fights Ravana's forces. I was a huge fan of the reading, and I was able to create my own story out of it. This was definitely my favorite part of the Ramayana.

I think for the future I should just keep doing what I have been doing. It has been working very well for me so far. I might try to get more creative with my writing options. I usually prefer to stick close to the source. I sometimes create new characters, but this is few and far between. I might try to put modern elements into my future writings.


No comments:

Post a Comment