Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Reading Notes: Mahabharata, Part A

So, I began the one week reading of the Mahabharata. I think going through this adventure a second time will really help me understand what is going on within every story. I found that a bit difficult to do on the first read through. Again, I took notes over the story that I liked from the first part of the reading. I should be able to come up with a good story idea from this.


  • I think exploring the family dynamic of the Pandavas would be really cool
  • I remember taking notes over part of this reading the first time
  • However, I want to create a story from this
  • I would like to possibly make up stories about Pandu and his time as a prince
  • I really like the events that unfold between Duryodhana and the Pandavas
  • It is evident that his jealousy drives him to do and think terrible things
  • I feel like there is always a deep hatred that drives people to do these things
  • I think if I explored Duryodhana and told stories from his perspective it would be cool
  • I believe that the escape from the palace fire has a lot of potential for a retelling
  • I explored this a bit with the last time reading the story
  • However, I would like to flip the script and change some events that happen here
  • I know that the Pandavas escape through the secret tunnel
  • It would be cool to possibly change their means of escape
  • I could also change if they actually survived these events
  • I think if I told the story from Duryodhana's perspective it would be really cool
  • I could create an internal conflict in his mind on why he is doing these terrible things


(An assortment of books. Source: Pexels)


Bibliography: The Indian Heroes: Mahabharata by C. A. Kincaid. Source: Blogspot.

No comments:

Post a Comment