Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Reading Notes: The Divine Archer, Part B

So, I finished up part B of the reading today. I have really been enjoying this version of the Ramayana. I think reading all of the stories a second time has allowed me to appreciate and better understand what is taking place. I took notes on my favorite sections/scenes.


  • The relationship between Rama and Sugriva is one of my favorites in the epic
  • I really like how they become the best of allies and vow to help each other reclaim their kingdoms
  • I think the fighting scene between Rama, Sugriva, and Vali is the highlight
  • There is a lot of potential for a cool story to be told there
  • I was initially surprised at Rama's decision to ambush Vali
  • However, I think he was just trying to stay loyal to a new friend
  • I know there is a lot of argument over Rama's action
  • I would like to possibly give my interpretation on what his intentions were
  • I also think the quest to find Sita would be fun to explore
  • I would not cover Rama as much if this were the case
  • I might explore how Rama feels during all of this
  • However, I think Hanuman deserves his own story here
  • Hanuman played a vital role that I do not think is emphasized enough
  • I am also curious to explore Sita's exile
  • I found her exile to be a bit unfair and extreme
  • It would be cool to write about that or possibly make up a new storyline
Again, I really enjoyed reading this version of the Ramayana. I found it really fun to go back through these stories one more time. 


(Someone reading a book. Source: Flickr)

Bibliography: The Divine Archer, by F. J. Gould. Source: archives

No comments:

Post a Comment