Thursday, February 22, 2018

Reading Notes: Mahabharata, Part B

So I continued with the second part of the reading today. There are a lot of different stories and loads of information. I decided to take notes over the one that I liked the best.


  • Vidura is one of my favorite characters from all of the stories
  • He is not considered to be eligible for the royal positions
  • However, he is still a prince and cares greatly for his family
  • I appreciate his loyalty and dedication to his family
  • He could be bitter about having a mother that was not a royal
  • However, he warns his family of the imminent danger that they were in
  • I think the escape from the palace is really cool
  • It was an interesting plan to have a miner dig a passage out of the palace
  • I was expecting something to possibly go wrong, but it did not
  • It was not until the evil captain was burned
  • The lac palace went down in flames with the guard house
  • I thought the celebration of King Dhritarashtra was premature
  • I was really excited to see the big reveal when he finds out that they did not actually die
  • It was unfortunate to see the woman and her family died
  • However, it is a vital bit of information that sets up for later on in the story
So, I think the House of Fire would be a really awesome story to retell. I think I will alter a few things in my retelling though. I would like to add in more chaos and conflict. There is a really cool opportunity with this story to expand it and make it more detailed. I would possibly like to explore the events that unfold afterwards. 



(A picture of a book on a beach. Source: Flickr)

Bibliography: The Mahabharata, A Summary by John Mandeville Macfie. Source: PDE

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to read another post of yours that notes, but I see you hadn't done anything extra this week so this will do haha! Once again I like the way you take your notes versus mine but I probably won't change my style for mine have seemed to work for me. The picture you took relaxed me because it made me think about reading on a beach right about now in this cold weather.

    ReplyDelete