Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Reading Notes: Ramayana Online, Part C

I continued with my reading for this week. I am now on the third part of the Ramayana. I decided to again take notes over the sections that I really enjoyed. I think that I will be able to retell the best story from these sections.


  • I really liked the character of Sugriva
  • I was curious to see if he was in any way related to the Monkey Sing, Sun Wu
  • I really like the idea of being able to write about the Monkey King and his people
  • I think the new team of Rama and Sugriva opens a lot of doors for new adventures
  • I might create some crazy new heroic story revolving around their travels
  • The tale of Sugriva was a sad one. It was hard to see brother turn on brother like that
  • Vali was eager to challenge Rama and his brother Sugriva
  • I knew that Rama could not be defeated by Vali
  • I found the format of this section to be a bit difficult to follow
  • I would like to change it to more of a traditional storytelling format
  • The decision of Rama to help Sugriva did not surprise me
  • However, it was a bit random for Rama to wait in ambush
  • I did not expect Rama to ambush his allies foe
  • I can see how it is considered controversial to some
  • I think Rama was moved by Sugriva's will to fight and wanted to help his new friend
  • It was difficult for the whole kingdom to lose its king
  • It was hard for Sugriva to come to terms with his brother's death
  • I would like to explore Rama's feelings after the battle
  • There are a lot of cool options for me to write about this week concerning these events
I think there are a lot of directions to take the storytelling this week. I will continue to think of ideas and different ways to retell these events. I am open to changing the battle scene. 


(A photo of Rama and Lakshmana meeting with Sugriva. Source: Wikimedia Commons)


Bibliography: Ramayana Online from Indian Myth and Legend by Donald A. Mackenzie. Source: Blogspot

No comments:

Post a Comment