Sunday, February 4, 2018

Topic Research: Indian Epics

I decided to research more about different heroic figures. I am not completely decided on using this as my project topic, but I feel like it is a great start. I can also use these sources to possible tie into one of the other project topics that I have.

The first stories that I researched cover the hero Krishna. They comics are found here. These stories would be used to detail the travels of Krishna and his accomplishments. The stories about him killing demons would be a real attention grabber for my project.

The second set of stories involve the King Vali. I would like to read about his adventures due to his flawed arrogance. I could present the story in a way that teaches a lesson. I'm still pondering this idea. His wiki page is here. The comic is in the library.

The third set of stories involves the King Harishchandra. I think these stories would tie in well with the idea of teaching a lesson. I read his wikipedia page (here). I though that he would be a great character to fit into the storybook if I do indeed go down the route of highlighting good/bad characteristics. I will look at purchasing it from amazon using the link on this page.

I am still spitballing different ideas for my storytelling style. I might choose the traditional path of just recreating different heroes and detailing their travels. I might also choose to highlight the good and bad characteristics/deeds of certain heroes.

(A photo of a super hero graphic. Source: Pixaby)

No comments:

Post a Comment