Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Indian Epics: Storybook Favorties

The first storybook that I checked out was "Hello, when am I?" (link). This is my second time around creating a project like this. I made a portfolio last semester for Myth-Folklore, and I might want to try making a storybook this time around. I really liked the formatting of this story. The title drew me in, and I did not know what to expect. The introduction was more of an extension of a story, and was not so much about background information. I like this style of writing, and I think it makes it easier to start telling the story.

The second storybook that I looked at was, "The Adventures of Rama and Lakshmana" (link). This storybook was definitely great at grabbing my attention. I had seen things similar to this last semester, but I really like the idea of  creating a flyer/newspaper ad. I also really liked the color scheme of the page. It was simplistic, but I really thought that it made the page stick out. The layout of the page was also elongated, and I liked that it was different. I also liked the style of font that was used for this storybook. It fit really well with the overall layout of the page. I did not realize just how great a specific font can compliment the page itself.

The third storybook that I checked out was, "+Image.PR" (link). This was also a very different kind of storybook than I was used to seeing. I think that this one had one of the most creative ideas behind its creation. The page itself was a website for a PR firm. I had not seen something like this at all. The introduction itself was also really cool. It described "Shakti" and labeled Shakti as the director of website. I think that there are some really cool ideas that I could use to influence my own storybook form this page.

(Image from Scooter Lowrimore. Source: flickr)


No comments:

Post a Comment